A:I really appreciate your driving me around.
我真的很感謝你開車帶我繞一繞。
B:It's no problem.I have time today, and I think it's important that you find a good place.
沒關系的。我今天有時間,我也認為你能找到一個好地方住是很重要的。
A:It would be hard for just me to do it. I don't know the city at all.
我自己來做的話會比較難。我對這個城市并不了解。
B:So what do you see in there?
那你看到了些什么?
A:This one sounds good.Efficiency with view of the lake.Utilities and parking included. Newly remodeled kitchen. $470.
這一個聽起來不錯。套房且有湖的景觀。水電及停車都包含在內,新裝潢過的廚房,四百七十美元。
B:Can you afford that much?
你能負擔得起嗎?
A:No, I guess not. But that's what I want, isn't it? An efficiency.
不,我想不行。但那就是我要的,是吧?一間“套房”。
B:Yes, an efficiency is a small apartment.Usually one large room and a small bathroom.There is often a small kitchen too. So it's good for one person.
對,套房的意思是一間小的公寓。通常是一間大的房間和一間小的浴室。往往還有一間小廚房,所以一個人住是不錯的。
A:How about this one?Downtown efficiency. Furnished...What does furnished mean?
這一個怎么樣?“市中心套房,含家具...”,“含家具”是什么意思?
B:That means the apartment has furniture in it.
那間公寓是含家具的。
A:That's good.
很好。
B:Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. You have to like the furniture.
有的時候是不錯的,有時是不好的。你必須喜歡那些家具。
A:Furnished. Parking included. $400.
“含家具,含停車位,四百美元!
B:It's still pretty expensive.
但還是蠻貴的。
A:Yes, but it's downtown. I would like to take look at this one.
是呀,但是在市中心。我想去看一看這一間。
B:Alright. What's the phone number?
好的,電話號碼是幾號?
A:256-7797.
256-7797。
B:Got it. What else do you see?
記下來了,你還看到什么?
A:This one. Two male grad students seeking roommate.Must be quiet. Comfortable downtown apartment.Does this mean I have to share a room with them?
這一個!皟蓚男研究生在找室友。必須要安靜。在市中心舒適的公寓!边@個意思是我需要跟他們共用一間房嗎?
B:No. It probably means they have a large apartment.Probably a living room, kitchen and three bedrooms.They need someone for the empty bedroom.
不是,大概意思是他們有一套大的公寓。大概是一個客廳,廚房和三間臥室。他們需要一個人去分擔另一間空房。
A:That sounds alright.
聽起來還不錯。
B:Yes, it might be an advantage for you. You are a foreigner, after all.If they're alright roommates, you could learn a lot from them.
是的,這對你來說或許是有益的。到底你是一個外國人。如果他們是還不錯的室友,你還可以從他們那里學到一點東西。
A:Here's the number, 256-4367.
號碼是,256-4367。
B:Got it.Let's call these two and see if we can make appointments to see the apartments.
寫下來了。那我們趕快打電話給這兩間,然后我們可以安排時間去看。
A:Sounds good to me.I really appreciate your help on this.
聽起來不錯,我真的很感謝你的幫忙。
B:Don't mention it, Larry. What are friends for anyway?
不用客氣,賴瑞。朋友是用來做什么的? |